The Lava Trolley: Not in My Name

The Lava Trolley

Or is it the lavatory???

...Either case, this little nook on blogasphere is the natural dumping ground for the sort of crap that erupts
when you find a wee Chink in the Britworks...

But hey, I promise you this is steamingly hot shit...which is probably why it's all looking a bit brown!

 

26 July 2009

Not in My Name

CD-251

Just a quickie to ask anyone reading this blog if they could pop over to HopeNotHate to sign a petition against racism and the BNP.

I uploaded my pic there a few days ago after a friend of mine (who has a tiny cameo appearance in the not-in-my-name video) spread the word, but I'm pretty sure the photo is not mandatory.

It did actually take me a few attempts to get the image right since I haven't got a proper camera (apart from David's 'professional' one which I don't know how to use).

CD-250

Anyhow, these other pics were rejected in favour of the one at the top since I wanted the text to be more prominent, and David felt it was only in that image that I looked suitably disapproving! Oh well, the photo isn't really important, so nevermind.

There are a few versions of the HopeNotHate website (work in progress, I guess), but the link above is the start page...and of course, I am sure everyone is already aware of LoveMusicHateRacism.

There's some misconception going around about how the BNP is no longer the extremist organisation it used to be, under the cover of its new 'respectability'. But many of us are not so easily fooled. The HopeNotHate website has some information which reveals their true motives.

A section about this petition shall now be a new stickie on the right-hand panel of my blog.


I hope that in the next election, ALL of us will vote to exercise our right to free speech. Yes, you are entitled not to vote as well, but the BNP took advantage of that which was how they got their foot in their door to begin with. It's time the rest of us cared a little and got more involved.

The British National Party and their supporters may have the right to have their opinions heard, but we do too...so let's make our voices louder than theirs.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so don't bother posting SPAM because it won't even get looked at...Also, please stick to ENGLISH.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home