The Lava Trolley: Chavolympics 2012

The Lava Trolley

Or is it the lavatory???

...Either case, this little nook on blogasphere is the natural dumping ground for the sort of crap that erupts
when you find a wee Chink in the Britworks...

But hey, I promise you this is steamingly hot shit...which is probably why it's all looking a bit brown!

 

22 June 2007

Chavolympics 2012

alternative_olympic_logo

OK, I know this is a spoof of the real thing, but it just goes to show I'm not the only one who dislikes the new London Olympics logo.

2007-06-04T153749Z_01_NOOTR_RTRIDSP_2_OUKTP-UK-BRITAIN-OLYMPICS

From an aesthetic viewpoint, I've seen far worse. However, as a designer myself, I doubt the cost can be justified. It's not as if the design is particularly original, and when you check out the other contenders, you have to wonder what eejits would choose to ignore public opinion.

OlympicsLogosDM_1000x1133

(Arrows point to my favourites.)

I'm less bothered about how easy our 'winning' logo is (or isn't, as the case may be) on the eye, than I am about the message this sends out to the world.


It is certainly symbolic of Britain this side of 2000...You'll get no argument from me there. The representation fits our culture to the 't', most specifically the one in 'graffiti'.

But let's not stop here...Now that this logo's been endorsed, we should further legitimize hoodies by changing our anthem to Chav Stole the Bling, hand out ASBOs as trophies (oh but I'd forgotten, that's already come into effect), and perhaps promote vandalizing property with spray-paint as our national past-time.

Datz gonna get us sum some respect, innit?

Jesus...one of the morons in charge must have a baseball cap as his thinking hat.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so don't bother posting SPAM because it won't even get looked at...Also, please stick to ENGLISH.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home